A health promoting school is one that constantly strengthens its capacity as a healthy setting for living, learning and working.
A health promoting school:
- Fosters health and learning with all the measures at its disposal.
- Engages health and education officials, teachers, teachers’ unions, students, parents, health providers and community leaders in efforts to make the school a healthy place.
- Strives to provide a healthy environment, school health education, and school health services along with school/community projects and outreach, health promotion programmes for staff, nutrition and food safety programmes, opportunities for physical education and recreation, and programmes for counselling, social support and mental health promotion.
- Implements policies and practices that respect an individual’s well being and dignity, provide multiple opportunities for success, and acknowledge good efforts and intentions as well as personal achievements.
- Strives to improve the health of school personnel, families and community members as well as pupils; and works with community leaders to help them understand how the community contributes to, or undermines, health and education.
Trinity Care Foundation is a Non Governmental Organization focusing on Craniofacial Surgeries, School Health Programs and Outreach Health Programs in Karnataka, India.